Sunday, December 2, 2007

dc visit

Every couple of years I like to drive up I95 to DC for a bike ride around the Nations Capital to check out the memorials and stop by the White House to check in on the First Family. This Fall I visited a young friend of mine that I hadn’t seen since we visited just after he finished his Ride Around America, which he rode nearly 10,000 miles in the summer of 2006 to raise money and awareness for Meals on Wheels. He’s a sub 25 year old that is fun to hang out with and knows DC well. After meeting up with him at his George Town apartment next to the Russian Embassy, which I thought was cool in a James Bond sort of way, we headed out to terrorize DC proper. After quick ride around the local cycling park we headed to the Memorial Mall and then to the White House to say hi to W and the family.





No comments: