Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Down and out

My days as an amateur lounge chair jockey.
Today I’m traveling down to South America, Uruguay to be exact, to visit my good friend Gera and I’ll be out of touch for awhile. I met him about 4 years ago when he moved to Richmond to road race for Team Natures Path Organic Foods. He and Craig, Paul and others are like pool hustlers, they travel up and down the east coast looking for good races with decent cash prizes and try to take home the money. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t and sometimes a car rear ends their van doing 85 MPH. In the northern hemisphere Gera races from about April until October and in the southern hemisphere he races from about October until April. That makes me tired just thinking about it but he’ll take some time to cool down and ride with me and my traveling companion Mark.

If we’re lucky we’ll get to meet someone like this on the beach; Big Bird's hot sister, Babe Bird. I wonder if she tastes like chicken?


No comments: