Friday, June 13, 2008

very funny kid-swimming pool falling (hilarious)


This brings back an embarrassing memory. It was the summer of 1967, the family went to a public pool and I’d learned how to swim the summer before and was braving all the diving boards but couldn’t get up the courage to go down the 2 story giant slide that was in the middle of the pool. Plus there was a long line and I didn’t want to stand there just to chicken out once it was my turn. So I waited and finally no one was there, I could just wade to the giant metal sliding board and go right up. I climbed the ladder and reached the platform and sat in position and decided to go. As I began my trip toward the cool blue water waiting below I quickly got a lesson in sliding board mechanics. The reason there was no line was because the water that pours down the metal to make it slippery had been turned off for some reason, bringing me to a screeching halt half way down the hotplate like surface causing me to eject myself from 10 feet in the air like a fighter pilot from a burning jet hitting the water with a belly flop. The pain that has stayed with me all the years however is not the memory of the burning sensation on both my ass and stomach but the humiliation of the laughter. The lesson I learned that day was how to suck up pain and not run crying to my mom

1 comment:

Gera said...

haha...FUNNY! ( poor kid )