Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Getting the Bad with the Good

37°F
Feels like: 31°F

Most days I get up, do my morning thing and head out to work knowing it’s good to be me because I get paid to play. But it took quitting my craft and working in a bike shop for a year and a half to realize how much fun it is working on people’s houses and the occasional commercial project. Today however was not one of those days; outside in the cold and wind and later snow flurries on a 30 foot ladder patching siding. Normally I’d turn down a job like this but with things the way they are I’ll do most anything that comes along within reason. But that doesn’t mean I won’t complain to myself all day long. The real problem is that I have to do jobs in order, like last week would have been great to be outside. Warm fall clear days, leaves still full of color, the paint would have dried in an hour. I can’t do that though when I’ve got a client that needs me at his bathroom renovation to push the electrical sub and then get it ready for the tile guy’s. I’m an fricking hero…a sore ageing fricking hero. Advil and a glass of red wine and I’ll be fine. Next week already looks better.

No comments: