Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A stitch in time

So I had one lucky day Monday, I was in our master bath, doing what one does in a bath room, and kept hearing what sounded like a drip hitting a surface. As I sat there, my aims not what it used to be, I finally saw the spot on the rug by the vanity where the drip was making contact and looked up, cause I’m smart like that, and saw a bubble in the ceiling paint. I sprang into superhero mode and in a single bound, after pulling up my pants of course, so in a bound and a half I was in the attic to see one of the two hot water heaters had begun to leak. I had been suspicious of this one tank and noticed a change in the hot water verses cold water ratio during my shower, cause I’m weird like that, and it had popped a pressure valve and was on the verge of a flood of cataclysmic proportions. Disaster was averted and I was able to disconnect it and reroute the backup tank to bypass the bad one in under an hour allowing me to return to my regularly scheduled program.

No comments: